Here is a new idea in planting seedlings. I read this tip in real simple and just had to give it a try. My tomatoes and swiss chard did not do so well, but my nasturtiums flourished. Here is a step by step guide to planting and growing seedlings in egg shells.
1. Start by saving your eggshells. When using eggs try to keep the breaks pretty even. When you have collected enough, place each half shell in an emptied carton. Poke one hole in the bottom of each shell using a pin.
2. Fill each shell half way with dirt.
3. Dampen soil with water.
4. Place seeds in dirt.
5. Cover with more dirt.
6. Water regularly and let grow.
7. When the plants have grown, and its time to put them in the ground. Place egg shells in dirt (the egg shells will decompose and enrich the soil.)
8. Cover with more dirt.
9. Water regularly and continue to watch them grow.